-
The biggest share of the funds, $31 billion, would be used to rebuild homes.
November 14 -
Title III bankruptcy Judge Laura Taylor Swain ruled that the Puerto Rico Oversight Board didn’t have the power to replace the leader of the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority.
November 13 -
The Title III Puerto Rico bankruptcy judge will hear arguments Monday on the Puerto Rico Oversight Board’s motion to replace the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority’s leader.
November 10 -
Though Federal assistance may have helped lessen the impact of Hurricane Maria, analysts said there are still "plenty of reasons to worry" about the government's ability to function.
November 10 -
The chair of the House committee that oversees Puerto Rico said after Hurricane Maria a "stronger mechanism" is needed to ensure Puerto Rico's recovery.
November 7 -
Creditor groups have come down on both sides of a hedge fund's constitutional attack on the PROMESA oversight board.
November 6 -
The PREPA bondholder group’s consultant estimated it will cost less than $1 billion to repair the power grid, compared with initial reports of about $5 billion.
November 6 -
Restoring electrical service as quickly as possible is a key to reviving the island’s economy.
November 1 -
The Puerto Rico Oversight Board plans to shorten its fiscal plans to five years from 10 while still seeking structural balance,
October 31 -
The Puerto Rico Oversight Board will discuss revising the commonwealth government’s and its semi-autonomous entities’ fiscal plans Tuesday morning.
October 30 -
Puerto Rico plans to cancel a $300 million contract to rebuild the hurricane-ravaged electrical grid that went to a tiny company based in Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke’s Montana hometown, the head of the island’s power utility said.
October 30 -
The Federal Emergency Management Agency said it has "significant concerns with how PREPA procured this contract and has not confirmed whether the contract prices are reasonable.”
October 27 -
Gov. Ricardo Rosselló called the board’s appointment of Noel Zamot illegal and said the Puerto Rico government would challenge it.
October 26 -
Judge Laura Taylor Swain promised to release Wednesday a consensus-based order on the legal status of Puerto Rico’s post-hurricane federal aid.
October 25 -
Creditors are at odds with the island government over the conditions on federal hurricane disaster aid.
October 24 -
The board authorized Kobre & Kim to issue the subpoenas, as long as certain conditions, including the start of a "formal" investigation, had been met.
October 20 -
Six projects announced this week may lead to $300 million to $400 million of investment.
October 19 -
Municipal bond analysts cite the lack of clarity on the island’s economic future, the level of federal aid after two hurricanes, and the Title III bankruptcy process.
October 17 -
Puerto Rico Gov. Rosselló pledged to have electrical service back in less than half the time than had been predicted in late September.
October 16 -
Moody’s downgraded $31 billion in Puerto Rico public sector bonds citing the reduced outlook for repayment.
October 12
















