Position for Associate General Counsel
Government of the District of Columbia
Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO)
Associate General Counsel
$157,219.00 – $190,773.00
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) whose mission is to enhance the fiscal and financial stability, accountability and integrity of the Government of the District of Columbia is in search of an Associate General Counsel. This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), Office of General Counsel (OGC). The Associate General Counsel-Public Finance (AGC) serves as a supervisor attorney managing Assistant General Counsel staff providing legal advice to the OCFO in the areas of Appropriations, Legislation, Budget, FOIA Disclosure Officer, Project Finance and Management of Outside Counsel Contracts and FOIA Disclosure Officer. In addition, the AGC serves as legal advisor, with an emphasis on public finance matters, to the General Counsel (GC) of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO). Additional duties include but are not limited to:
· Supervising outside bond counsel and outside disclosure counsel and serving as OCFO’s counsel on public finance transactions including General Obligation (GO) Bonds, Tax Revenue Anticipation Notes (TRANS), and Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Bonds
· Providing legal advice to the General Counsel and other executive staff including, but not limited to, agency financial officers of the OCFO
· Collaborating with attorneys from the Office of Tax and Revenue, the OCFO’s Office of Management and Administration, the D.C. Lottery, and the Office of the Attorney General as requested or otherwise appropriate
· Researching and providing legal advice on issues of District law, including such laws passed by Congress and the Council of the District of Columbia
· Drafting and interpreting OCFO Orders as appropriate; working collaboratively with OCFO, Executive Office of the Mayor, and/or Council legislative staff to ensure accurate drafting and implementation of legislation
· Developing and assuring implementation of appropriate and timely responses to Freedom of Information Act requests
· Providing assistance to the OGC’s public information officer in developing responses which accurately reflect the legal aspects of posture of matters being reported
· Assisting the OCFO’s Office of Investigations and Oversight on matters of a legal nature including, but not limited to, ethics, procurement, and personnel issues
· Performing other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Seven (7) years of progressive experience performing the related duties and responsibilities such as serving as an advisor on complex legal and regulatory matters; knowledge of public finance law; proposing and drafting legislation; working knowledge of district, state, local or federal laws and regulations; and management experience. In addition – A Juris Doctorate degree or equivalent from an accredited law school is required and D.C. licensure or admittance to membership in the D.C. Bar in accordance with the D.C. Bar rules within six (6) months of employment. An official transcript must be submitted in order to be considered for the position. If applicable, your application package must include a U.S. evaluation of all foreign transcripts.
For initial review, please submit your resume to Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Office of Human Resources, 1101 4th Street, SW, Suite W220, Washington, DC 20024 or to email@example.com.
To complete an application or for additional details related to this vacancy, please visit www.cfo.dc.gov and reference announcement number: 20-AD-OGC-0001.
The OCFO offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, and educational assistance.
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER