Fixed Income Trader
Hefren-Tillotson & Western Pennsylvania:
With over $13 billion in client assets, Hefren-Tillotson is one of the oldest and largest full-service wealth management firms headquartered in Western Pennsylvania. The firm is family and employee owned and has over 90 Financial Advisors and 260 employees. Our mission is “to become and remain our clients’ most trusted advisor.”
Hefren-Tillotson is dedicated to delivering an unrivaled combination of successful wealth management strategies and exceptional client service. Key to our approach is MASTERPLAN, a comprehensive financial plan designed to achieve each client’s financial goals and objectives.
Hefren-Tillotson’s unique culture helps set the firm apart. Unwavering core values form the cornerstone of our culture: respect for the individual; integrity in thought and action; teamwork through a family-oriented culture; and a commitment to excellence. As a demonstration of the firm’s unique qualities, we have won multiple “Best Places to Work” awards by the Pittsburgh Business Times (2019, 2017, 2015, 2011) and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (2017, 2014, 2012).
Hefren-Tillotson is dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we serve. We are proud supporters of numerous charitable, arts and cultural institutions throughout the Pittsburgh region, spawning our dedicated community outreach program HT Cares. Hefren-Tillotson is in the United Way Hall of Fame and won the outstanding Campaign Performance Award from 2009 – 2018.
Headquartered in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, the firm serves a community that is among the most livable in the country. The Pittsburgh region is obviously well known for its world-renowned sports teams (Steelers, Penguins, Pirates) and cultural district, but also for a local economy that has transformed itself over the last several decades. Today, Pittsburgh is home to a knowledge and innovation-based economy with several key sectors playing an important role: financial services, advanced manufacturing, education, health care, and energy.
· Participate in the formulation of the firm’s fixed income strategies and market research
· Source fixed income inventory and ideas for use across brokerage and fee-based accounts
· Collaborate with the Portfolio Management Team to manage fixed income portfolios within discretionary accounts
· Monitor credit and duration of existing fixed income positions
· Execute fixed income transactions
· Support Hefren-Tillotson Financial Advisors with client-specific requests, meetings, and analysis of current/prospective portfolios
· Provide continuous improvement of technology and trading workflows
· Develop seminar and conference call materials and participate in the presentation of the information
· Participate in the firm’s radio program “Your Money & You”
· Perform special projects and assignments as requested by management
Education, Experience, and Skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance or equivalent industry experience
· Experience in fixed income trading and credit analysis including treasury, corporate and/or municipal securities
· Series 7, 66, 53 licenses. If not currently licensed, must be attain shortly upon hire/promotion
· Retail and/or Institutional sales experience
· Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills to individuals and larger groups
· Service orientated mindset to support Clients and Financial Advisors across the firm
· Strong analytical abilities and high attention to detail
All interested candidates should submit their resume to HR@hefren.com