The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) is seeking an Assistant or Associate General Counsel (AGC) to join its Department of Market Regulation. The AGC will be responsible for collaborating on rulemaking, development of regulatory policy and support of regulatory compliance by municipal securities dealers and municipal advisors in the municipal securities market. The AGC will have responsibility to prepare written materials to support these functions, including rule proposals, Board memoranda, MSRB notices, compliance resources, and rule filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In addition, the AGC will render legal interpretations of MSRB rules in response to industry, public and regulatory inquiries, and represent the MSRB at meetings with other regulatory organizations and industry participants. The MSRB is seeking an experienced securities attorney with knowledge of the municipal securities industry and its products.
• J.D. degree, bar membership and a minimum of 3-10 years of related legal experience
• Experience at a national law firm, regulated entity and/or at a financial markets regulator is preferable
• Must have broad knowledge of the federal securities laws as they relate to municipal securities and broker-dealer regulation as well as knowledge of MSRB rules, the municipal securities market and municipal financial products
• Knowledge of municipal advisor regulation is desired
• Creative problem-solving abilities, strong critical thinking and analytical abilities, and strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to advance multiple complex projects simultaneously, while working collaboratively with legal and other staff in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to understand, explain effectively orally and in writing, and critique economic analysis of potential regulatory changes
To apply, go to our website www.msrb.org and click join our team on the careers page.