Join Paul Burton and Lynne Funk Posner for a conversation with Jon Savage, President of The Cybersecurity Company, and Geoff Buswick, S&P Global's Managing Director and sector leader for governments, on this important issue — some say crisis — that state and local governments face.
Our panel will discuss the implications of these challenges from a municipal finance perspective and explore the ways that investors, rating agencies and other market participants are incorporating cyber risk into their credit evaluations.
Time: 2:00 p.m. EST
FREE for subscribers
• From Baltimore to Vermont to Atlanta, cyber attacks on governments and their subsidiaries have been on the rise. What are some issuers doing to shield themselves?
• Attackers in some cases have sought, and received, ransom payments to release hacked systems – just a small part of the risk faced by municipalities. How can state and local governments reassess their budgets to mitigate the risk of emergency spending?
• What implications will rating agencies’ new focus on cyber threats have for municipal credit?
• Investors are also demanding better disclosure: How far should issuers go to add risk and security assessments into offering documents?
• 30-day access to the complete Bond Buyer's feed of news-analysis and data
• Conference Call: How Cybersecurity Threatens Issuers
• New issue calendar and refunding calculator
• Access to all video, interactive and rich media content
• Updates where and when you need them, via custom enewsletters
• Special insider offers to events including 10% off your registration to The Bond Buyer's California Public Finance Conference