How to Invest
To buy bonds or notes, follow these simple steps:
Step 1 - Have a brokerage account
- You must have an account with one of the brokerage firms participating in the bond or note sale. Bonds and notes cannot be purchased directly from the Issuer. If you do not have an account at one of the participating firms, you may open one and purchase bonds or notes during the early order period. (If you have a brokerage account, go to Step 2.)
- Investors are encouraged to begin the New Account process well in advance of the sale. Depending on the brokerage, internal new account procedures may take some time to process.
- Each firm has its own requirements for opening an account. The Issuer does not endorse any particular brokerage firm. Additionally, the Issuer does not guarantee that any one of these firms will open an account for an investor.
Step 2 - Learn about the bonds or notes
- Download and read the Preliminary Official Statement to learn about the bonds or notes, including their security, maturity dates, the types of projects they finance and other information you may find important to help you make an informed investment decision. This website is not an offer to sell any bonds or notes.
- Find out the credit ratings, the Issuer bonds or notes have received.
Step 3 - Place your order
- Contact the broker with whom you have an account, either online or by phone, to get more information about how to buy bonds or notes during the early order period.
Step 4 - Final Official Statement
- Upon purchase of a bond, it is recommended that you obtain a final official statement. Official statements will be available on this site in the Issuer Info section. Official statements (and other information) should also available at:www.emma.msrb.org <http://www.emma.msrb.org/>
Listing of Underwriters - available after auction date